BY MEGAN MAHEDY
- Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
- Makes: 10 cookies
This simple, delicious and healthy recipe for three-ingredient banana coconut cookies uses nutritious, accessible ingredients perfect for the average college student, and is naturally free of gluten, added sugar, dairy, nuts and eggs.
These cookies make a healthy and easy snack or dessert, they can be frozen or stuck in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast in 15 seconds.
- 2 large bananas
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- OPTIONAL: Dark chocolate chips for drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease tin foil on a cookie tray.
- Mash the bananas in a medium sized bowl, then stir in the coconut flakes and cinnamon until well combined.
- Roll into small balls, then flatten into discs on cookie tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. For a crispier finish, place cookies on top rack and turn oven to broil for five minutes, or cook until top is golden brown.
- OPTIONAL: Melt dark chocolate chips in microwave with a bit of coconut oil, and drizzle chocolate on tops of cookies, then add a pinch of sea salt.