BY MEGAN MAHEDY
I’m really excited to share this recipe because I have been making these sweet potato fries since high school, and boy have I had the time to perfect my recipe. They are a great combination of salty, sweet, crispy and savory. Plus, the best part (in my opinion) is that they’re healthy. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, potassium, vitamin B-6 and magnesium. This recipe is great to have as the addition to a meal, or even as a snack.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil OR melted extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil.
- After washing, chop the sweet potato ends off and discard. Slice the potato in half and begin to chop the halves into vertical slices. Chop the slices into fry shapes.
- Toss the sweet potato fries in a large bowl with just enough oil to coat, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to not overcrowd the sheet.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes, then take out the tray and flip the fries to ensure both sides get crispy.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown. Enjoy!
Tip: If you do not like the skin, peel beforehand and follow the recipe as normal.