BY JUSTIN MCCLURE
Students and faculty awoke to a Salisbury campus laden with pro-Donald Trump and anti-Hillary Clinton chalkings. The writings were found around and in front of Perdue Hall, Guerrieri University Center, Guerrieri Academic Commons and the tunnel that connects East Campus to the main campus.
It is unknown at this time who is responsible for the chalkings.
Salisbury University does have a seven-step chalking policy in place that is expected to be followed by everyone:
- Chalking must be done with water-soluble chalk only. No permanent paint, chalk or spray chemical may be used on any surface.
- No chalking is permitted on porches, the University pergola, overhangs of buildings and buildings generally.
- No messages may be written on walkways other than sidewalks, and must be on flat horizontal surfaces where rain or natural elements can wash it away.
- Chalking or chalked messages may not deface decorative symbols or sculptures.
- Chalking must contain non-offensive language which includes but is not limited to: obscenities, hate speech or liable or derogatory statements about individuals or groups.
- Chalked messages or advertisements are intended to be short-term and temporary, and should normally not exceed a time frame of 48 hours.
- Students or student organizations shall not remove or alter the message of another student or organization.
Expect more updates as more information is presented.